Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Examiners of Psychologists at its April 17 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Examiners of Psychologists met on Friday, April 17, 2009.
The Board accepted a cease and desist order from the following individual for unlicensed practice:
The Board approved the following applicants for licensure by examination:
- Angela Bethea, Decatur
- Leslie Cardenas, Richmond Hill
- Leslie Ellis, Ringgold
- Mesha Ellis, Atlanta
- Steven Jacobson, Statesboro
- Glen King, Montgomery, AL
- Ann Pearman, Atlanta
The Board voted to post the following rule amendments upon receipt of the Memo of Authority from the Assistant Attorney General:
- 510-1, Organization: Removes incorrect, out-dated information in the first paragraph.
- 510-7-.02 & .03, Reinstatement/Inactive License: Clarifies time frame for continuing education hours to be obtained as a requirement for reinstatement and the reactivation of an inactive licensure status.
- 510-8-.02, Types of Continuing Education: Adds the language “in person” to clarify the Boards intent of certain continuing education activities that must be obtained “in person.”
The proposed rule amendments may be viewed at http://sos.ga.gov/plb/psych upon posting.
The Georgia State Board of Examiners of Psychologists will hold its next meeting Friday, May 15, 2009 at 8:30 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Board in Macon, GA.