Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Pharmacy at Its September 14 Meeting
Macon, Ga., - The Georgia State Board of Pharmacy met on Wednesday, September 14, 2011.
The board voted to deny the following applications for licensure or registration:
- Nikia V. Brown, Pharmacy Technician, Savannah
- Michael S. Miller, Pharmacist, Blue Ridge
- James O. Simmons, Pharmacist Reinstatement, New York, N.Y.
The board voted to overturn its previous decision to deny the application for pharmacy technician for the following and approved the following applications:
- Debra A. Wheeler, Pharmacy Technician, Cornelia
- Cathyan Julien, Pharmacy Technician, Dallas
The board approved the following waiver requests of educational requirement for pharmacy technician registration because the following individuals were employed as a pharmacy technician at the time the law and rules were enacted:
- Allen K. Arhin, Roswell
- Aratiben Makken, Bishop
- Brenda K. Amburn, Albany
- Cathyan Julien, Dallas
- Chintan C. Javia, Kennesaw
- Cynthia D. Autry, Loganville
- Elizabeth D. Jones, Griffin
- Janet D. Black, Martinez
- Odalyn G. Sheffield, Eatonton
- Tanya Hutchens, Acworth
- Wanda S. Seymour, Hampton
The board voted to accept the following board orders:
- Natasha T. Gleaton, Stockbridge: Public Consent Order
The board voted to adopt the following rule:
- 480-22-.12 Requirements of Prescription Drug Orders as Issued by a Physician's Assistant (PA) or an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensed to Practice in the State of Georgia
The board voted to post the following rules:
- 480-19 Exempt Schedule V Over-the-Counter (OTC) Controlled Substances, Amended.
The board voted to adopt the following policy:
- Board’s seal for tamper resistant prescription paper
The Georgia Board of Pharmacy will hold its next meeting Wednesday, October 12, 2011, at 10 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division in Macon.