Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Massage Therapy at its April 8 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Massage Therapy met on Friday, April 8, 2011.
The Board voted to approve 29 applications for licensure by application and 18 applications for licensure by reinstatement.
The following petitions for waiver/variance requests were presented to the Board:
- Pamela Noud, Decatur, O.C.G.A. §43-24A-8: Board Decision Stands: Denied; Board cannot waive the law.
- Michael Harris, Atlanta, Rule 345-4-.01 (2)(4): Board Decision: Denied; file for reinstatement.
- Suzanne Hoagland, Epworth, Rule 345-4-.02 CE Hours: Board Decision: Denied; original denial stands.
The following individuals signed cease and desist orders for unlicensed practice of massage therapy:
- Elizabeth I. McCoy, Appling
- Patricia Baker, Massage Envy, Atlanta
- Zong Feng Zhu, Treat Your Feet, Atlanta
- Dan Yu, Treat Your Feet, Atlanta
The Georgia Board of Massage Therapy will hold its next meeting Friday, June 24, 2011 at 9:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.