|For Immediate Release
June 30, 2009
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Director of Media Relations
Professionals with licensing inquiries should contact
the Professional Licensing Boards at 478-207-2440
Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Massage Therapy at its June 26 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Massage Therapy met on Friday, June 26, 2009.
The Board voted to adopt the amendments to the following rules as posted:
- Rule 345-4-.01, License Renewal; 345-4-.04, Inactive Status; 345-4-.05, Reinstatement of a License: Changes the late renewal period, clarified Inactive Status and set guidelines and clarifies requirements for reinstatement and remove unnecessary previous requirements.
- Rule 345-5-.01, Licensure by Endorsement: Adds new requirements for licensure by endorsement.
- Rule 345-8.02, Faculty Requirements; 345-8-.03, Additional Requirements: Updates the rule regarding faculty and requirements for Board recognition of a massage therapy educational program.
- Rule 345-10.03, Advertising: Adds new requirement regarding advertisement of services and clarifies and update fine scale for unlicensed practice.
The Board voted to approve the following individuals for licensure by application:
- Michael Burkhalter, Atlanta
- Audrey Courson, Gainesville
- Russell Isom, Atlanta
- Lindsey White, Rome
- Soon Yang, Hampton
- Jamie Fields, Powder Springs
- Sally Franco, Smyrna
- Rochina Millin, Snellville
- Brandy Whitfield, LaGrange
- Candy Stickler, Carrollton
The Board voted to approve the following individuals for licensure by reinstatement:
- Chelsea Bell, Stone Mountain
- Regina Elvis, Lawrenceville
- Alisa Hunt, Gainesville
- Jana Kirby, Waycross
- Brandie Mitchell, Lawrenceville
- Penny Mathieu, Snellville
- Mohamed Yusuff, Stone Mountain
- Amor Gotch, Marietta
- Gretchen Hall, Griffin
- Josh Harrison, Atlanta
- Katie Mercer, Woodstock
- David Nolte, Marietta
The Board voted to accept cease and desist orders from the following individuals for unlicensed practice as a massage therapist:
- Jae Yeon Lee, Soft Hands Massage, Macon
- Hyeon Hee Kwon, Soft Hands Massage, Macon
- Mi Son Pick, Soft Hands Massage, Macon
- Patrick Greco, Atlanta
The Board voted to suspend the license of the following individual for nonpayment of a student loan:
- Bonita A. Brown, Douglasville
The Georgia Board of Massage Therapy will hold its next meeting on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon.