|For Immediate Release
June 4, 2009
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Director of Media Relations
Professionals with licensing inquiries should contact
the Professional Licensing Boards at 478-207-2440
Actions Taken by the Georgia State Board of Hearing Aid Dealers and Dispensers at its June 2 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Hearing Aid Dealers and Dispensers met on Tuesday, June 2, 2009.
The Board voted to post the following chapter amendments for the minimum 30-day requirement:
- Rule 276-2, Examinations: Removes outdated language regarding examination materials.
- Rule 276-10, Continuing Education: Adds requirements for pre-approval of certain educational opportunities and changes the audit percentage of continuing education hours.
- Rule 276-14, Renewal and Reinstatement Process: Creates a new chapter of rules to clearly define the renewal, late renewal, and reinstatement processes.
Once posted, the above proposed rule amendments and new chapter may be found at: www.sos.ga.gov/plb/hearingaid.
The Board voted to ratify the following applicants for licensure:
Hearing Aid Apprentice Dealer:
- Michael Warren Roberson, Cartersville
Hearing Aid Dealers:
- Miracle Ear Toccoa (dba: Jag Enterprises) Toccoa
- New Hope Hearing Aids, Smyrna
- New Hope Hearing Aids, Douglas
- AccuQuest Hearing Aid Centers, Inc., Savannah
- AccuQuest Hearing Aid Centers, Inc., Hoffman Estates, IL.
- Beltone Hearing Aid Center, Douglasville
- Beltone Hearing Aid Center, Savannah
- Piedmont Ear, Nose & Related Allergy, Atlanta
- Audible Hearing Aid Centers, Carrollton
- Diane F. Squires, Jasper
- Amy Ann Waller, Milledgeville
- Tessa D. Gibson, Lithia Springs
Hearing Aid Training Permits:
- Lee Roy McGuire, Roswell
- Eileen M. Chapman, Suwanee
- Kelly Christine Letchworth Lorentz, Cumming
The Georgia State Board of Hearing Aid Dealers and Dispensers will hold its next meeting via teleconference Tuesday, July 14, 2009 at 8:30 a.m.