Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Funeral Services at its May 10 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Funeral Services met on Tuesday, May 10, 2011.
The Board voted to approve one apprentice license, two embalmer licenses, two funeral director licenses, two funeral establishment change of name requests, and five changes to funeral director in full and continuous charge of funeral establishments.
The Board voted to approve the following request for a grace period to replace the facilities’ funeral director in full and continuous charge:
- Carters Funeral Home, Hinesville
The Board voted to approve the following requests for a second grace period to replace the facility’s Funeral Director in Full and Continuous Charge:
- Guyton Brothers Funeral Home, Bainbridge
- Parnick Jennings Funeral Home, Cartersville
- Evans-Skipper Funeral Home, Donalsonville
- Ronnie L. Stewart Family Funeral Service, Glenwood
The Board voted to approve the following request for a second grace period to operate the facility from a temporary location due to structural damage to the licensed facility:
- Melton Funeral Home, Tifton
The Board voted to accept consent agreements on the following individuals or establishments:
- Manry Jordan Hodges Funeral Home, Blakely
- Steven Joel Manry, Sr., Blakely
- Billy Joe Jordan, Blakely
- Carlton Danny Hodges, Blakely
- Wingfield Funeral Home, Cedartown
The Board approved the following orders to accept fine money for inspection violations:
- Hall’s Funeral Home, Fitzgerald: $200 for failure to have a card or brochure in each casket stating the price of the casket.
- Sylvania Funeral Home, Sylvania: $50 for failure to conspicuously display a current biennial renewal license for the establishment, embalmer, funeral director and any apprentices.
- McLendon Memorial Funeral Home, Washington: $50 for failure to conspicuously display a current biennial renewal license for the establishment, embalmer, funeral director and any apprentices.
The Board elected the following new officers:
- Douglas Terry Daviston, Newnan: Chair
- Terrell Draper Watson, Perry: Vice Chair
The Georgia Board of Funeral Services will hold its next meeting Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.