Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Funeral Services at its July 13 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Funeral Services met on Tuesday, July 13, 2010.
The Board voted to approve two new funeral establishment licenses, two funeral director licenses, three embalmer licenses, and four changes to funeral director in full and continuous charge of a funeral establishment.
The Board approved the following requests for grace periods to replace the facilities’ funeral director in full and continuous charge:
- Crematory of Forsyth, Cumming
- DT Brown Memorial, LLC, Thomson
- Vincent R. Drummer Funeral Home, Inc., Vidalia
The Board approved the following request for a second 90 day grace period to replace the funeral director in full and continuous charge:
- Wilkinson County Mortuary, Irwinton
The Board approved the following orders to accept fine money for inspection violations:
- Fluker Funeral Home, Waycross: $200 for failure to have a card or brochure in each casket stating the price of the casket.
- Litman Funeral Home, Pearson: $850 for Failure to equip all embalming rooms with the following: non-absorbent sanitary floor and walls; a sink with drain opening and non-porous sanitary cover into a sewerage or septic tank; failure to maintain a state of clean, sound, safe, and acceptable repair and condition of the establishment at all times; failure to maintain a minimum of eight adult caskets within the display room on the premises of the establishment; failure to have a card or brochure in each casket stating the price of the casket; failure to maintain seating for at least 30 people in the room where funeral services are conducted in the establishment.
The Board approved the following continuing education courses:
- NFDA, Kathleen Walczak: 2010 Leadership Conference, Best Business Practices to Manage Collections in Funeral Service, Creating Home Funerals: Your Role as Funeral Director, Contemporary Embalming, Embalming Skills: Surgical Treatment to Stop Purge, CPC 1.5 Day Seminar
- MKJ Marketing: Green Opportunity, Communicating Effectively with your Community
- Epsilon Nu Delta Mortuary Fraternity, Edith Churchman: Formaldehyde Free Embalming Chemicals, Embalming Without Electricity and in Situation of Natural Disaster
- FuneralReview.com: Cycle of Excellence: Value Training
The Georgia Board of Funeral Services will hold its next meeting Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.