Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Funeral Services at its April 13 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Funeral Services met on Tuesday, April 13, 2010.
The Board voted to approve three new funeral establishment licenses, one crematory license, one funeral director license, one embalmer license, and three changes to funeral director in full and continuous charge of funeral establishments.
The Board voted to accept a consent order on the following licensee:
- Russell Wilson, Taylorsville: $500 fine, public reprimand, restitution made, 24 months probation
The Board voted to ratify the following cease and desist order for unlicensed practice:
- Michael T. Guion, Austell
The Board approved the following order to accept fine money for inspection violations:
- Speer and Speer Funeral Home, McDonough: $350 fine for failure to conspicuously display a current biennial renewal license for the establishment, embalmer, funeral director and any apprentices and failure to maintain a minimum of eight adult caskets within the display room on the premises of the establishment.
The following new officers were elected:
- Lauren McDonald, Cumming: Chair
- Douglas Terry Daviston, Newnan: Vice Chair
The Georgia Board of Funeral Services will hold its next meeting Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.