Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Funeral Services at its November 10 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Funeral Services met on Tuesday, November 10, 2009.
A public hearing was held for the purpose of appealing a fine issued for an inspection violation against the following funeral establishment:
- Lane Memorial Chapel, Adel: Board voted to uphold the original fine and allow for payments of $100 per month until full balance is received; payments will begin in December 2009.
The Board approved two new funeral establishment licenses, one funeral establishment change of name request, three funeral director licenses, three embalmer licenses and 10 funeral apprentice licenses.
The Board voted to approve the following requests for grace periods to replace the facilities’ funeral director in full and continuous charge:
- Smith’s Mortuary, Inc., East Point
- Smith Funeral Home, LLC, Richland
The Board voted to approve the following courses for continuing education:
- National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA): Cemetery/Funeral Home Business Success through Passion for Service: the End of Mediocrity – Web seminar
- Selected Independent Funeral Homes: Selected Independent Funeral Homes NextGen Seminar
- Michael Fowler (Safety &Health): Some New & Innovative Ideas in Restorative Art/ Cosmetics, The Right Approach to the Difficult Case, Description of Vital Events Information System (VEIS), Fighting Fraud with the Red Flag Rule, Funeral Home & Emergency Preparedness
The Board voted to post an updated version of Board Rule 250-5-.06 as amended.
The Georgia Board of Funeral Services will hold its next meeting Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.