Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Dentistry at its June 18 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Dentistry met on Friday, June 18, 2010.
The Board voted to elect the following officers for 2010-2011:
- Rebecca Bays-Carlon, D.D.S., Albany: President
- Isaac Hadley, D.M.D., Columbus: Vice President
The Board adopted the following new rule amendment:
- Board Rule 150-7-.04 Dental Provisional Licensure by Credentials: The rule amendment further defined full time clinical practice and provided specific information on the clinical competency examination requirements.
The Board accepted the following consent orders:
- Rose Marie Green, Duluth: Three years probation
- Sharn Sheppard, Decatur: Three years probation
The Board accepted the following cease and desist orders:
- Alonzo Whitfield, Kool Smiles, Decatur
- Ruth Renteria, Gainesville
- Rosimar Gomez, Rose’s Hair Salon, Marietta
- Mary Smith, Milledgeville
- Omar Ghauche, Sandy Springs
- W.J. Williams, Ltd., Laguna Tans, Suwanee
The Dental Hygiene Committee of the Georgia Board of Dentistry recommended that the Board support the implementation of a pilot program to be included in the didactic and clinical training of Registered Dental Hygienists in the Masters Program at the Medical College of Georgia. The pilot program would teach administration of local anesthesia and nitrous oxide to clinical competency for pain management. The Board voted not to support the pilot program.
The Georgia Board of Dentistry will hold its next meeting Friday, July 9, 2010 at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.