Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Dentistry at its April 3 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Dentistry met on Friday, April 3, 2009.
The Board voted to accept public consent orders from the following licensees:
- Robert M. McLean, DDS, Atlanta: Three years probationary licensure.
- Joel David Fuller, DMD, Barnesville: Three years probationary licensure.
- William A. Hoskyns, DDS, Atlanta: Three years probationary licensure.
The Board voted to issue a cease and desist order to the following individual for unlicensed practice:
- Joni Jackson-Fletcher, Griffin
The Board voted to suspend the license of the following individual for default on his federal student loans:
- Dr. David A. Lamothe, Marietta
The Board voted to accept a voluntary surrender of the following individual’s license:
- Dr. Frederick Chuo, Alpharetta
The Board voted to post rule amendments as follows:
- Rule 150-3-.01 (7). Examination for Dental Licensure. Changes the examination the Board will accept for Georgia licensure consideration. Such change would become effective July 1, 2009.
- Rule 150-3-.09. Continuing Education for Dentists. Allows for continuing education credit for dentists providing volunteer care to indigent patients in Georgia.
- Rule 150-5-.05. Requirements for Continuing Education for Dental Hygienists. Provides continuing education credit for dental hygienist providing volunteer care to indigent patients in Georgia.
The Georgia Board of Dentistry will hold its next meeting Friday, May 8, 2009 at 9:30 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon