|For Immediate Release
November 5, 2009
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Director of Media Relations
Actions Taken by the Georgia Board State Board of Cosmetology at its November 4 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology held its meeting on Wednesday, November 4, 2009.
The Board voted to deny the following applications:
- Julia Anne Epple, Perry, MI: Cosmetology Instructor/Reciprocity
- Renu Datta, Macon: Esthetician/Reciprocity
- Sharika Williams, Warner Robins: Master Cosmetologist
The Board voted to accept consent agreement for licensure from the following individuals or establishments:
- Michael Jack Ginter, Athens
- Christina L. Jones, Austell
- Jabari D. Carter, Columbus
- Justa O. Diaz d/b/a M & M Beauty Salon, Lawrenceville
- Elizabeth Cochran, Ranger
- Krystal Phillips, Woodstock
The Board voted to dismiss citations against the following establishments:
- Nailport Express Salon, Douglas
- Pro Nails, Macon
- Glaze Beauty Boutique & Day Spa, LLC, Rincon
- Liz & Kids Beauty Salon, Sandersville
The Board voted to refer the following licensee to the Attorney General’s Office for revocation due to non-payment of citations:
- Sassy Cuts Bty Salon, Midville
The Board voted to ratify the following cease and desist orders:
- Joaqueithe Denard Harris, Atlanta
- Total Look Salon, Augusta
- Phi N. Huynh, Claxton
- Amanda's, Nail, Columbus
- Khoi T. Nguyen, Columbus
- Jordan L. Smith, Jr., Hampton
- Truong Ai Ngoc, Hiram
- Jesse James Davidson, LaGrange
- Patrick Thompson, Lawrenceville
- Josette's Unisex Beauty, Loganville
- Premier Nail, Milledgeville
- Hung V. Tran, Vidalia
- Thuan D. Nguyen, Vidalia
- Tuan N. Nguyen, Vidalia
- Thuan V. Nguyen, Vidalia
- Joseph M Salon II, Warner Robins
- Ngoc Cong Chang, Warner Robins
- Garden Gazebo, Warrenton
- Uptowns Styles Salon, Warrenton
The Board voted to post the following rule change:
- Board Rule 130-08-.04, Requirements for Foreign-Educated Applicants.
All applicants who are licensed in a foreign country must submit credentials prescribed by the Board.
(a) Transcripts of educational hours must be evaluated by a credential evaluation agency approved by the Board, to determine if the high school/GED and professional instruction is substantially equivalent to that of entry-level Georgia master cosmetologist, cosmetology instructor, esthetician, nail technician, or hair designer. The credentialing evaluation agency shall send its evaluation and a copy of the official transcript directly to the Board. A list of credentialing agencies approved by the Board shall be made available on the Board’s website. The applicant will bear the financial responsibility for obtaining the credential evaluation.
(b) Proof of licensure/certification/registration, that is current and in good standing, to practice cosmetology, or proof of appropriate eligibility to practice cosmetology, in the country of education must be submitted.
(c) Verification of licensure/certification/registration in all jurisdictions in which the candidate holds or has ever held a license/certification/registration must be submitted.
(d) Applicants are required by the Board to take and pass a written and practical examination. If a candidate has already passed the written and practical examination, he or she must submit their test results to the Board. If the applicant cannot provide sufficient documentation of the written and practical examination, the Board may require the applicant to take and pass the written and practical examination in English.
The Georgia State Board of Cosmetology will hold its next meeting Monday, November 9, 2009 at 9:30 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.