Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners at its September 24 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners met on Thursday, September 24, 2009.
The Board voted to adopt the following rule amendment:
- Board Rule 100-5-.05, Approval of Education Program: Allows for current board members to acquire CE for service on the board. The amendment also allows licensees who assist with the National Board examination to received CE credits.
The Board voted to post the following rule amendments:
- 100-4-.01, Advertising. Amended: Removes the listing of diplomate statuses/certifications since they a current list is found in Board rule 100-4-.02
- 100-4-.02, Diplomate Status/Certifications: Adds the Council on Extremity Adjusting and the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians to the rule.
- 100-5-.04, Application for Approval and Responsibilities of Providers: Requires CE program providers to list additional information on the certificate/approvals provided to licensees who attend the respective CE program.
- 100-7-.08 Review Agent: Moves the rule to a new chapter and allow for a grandfather period for the board to consider licensees as Review Agents.
The Board accepted a consent order from the following licensee:
- Virginia Leonard, D.C., Tunnel Hill: Two years probationary licensure.
The Georgia Board of Chiropractic Examiners will hold its next meeting Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon.