|For Immediate Release
April 19, 2010
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Director of Media Relations
Actions Taken by the Georgia Auctioneers Commission at its April 5 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Auctioneers Commission held its meeting on Monday, April 5, 2010.
The Board voted to adopt changes to the following Board rule:
- 55- 6-.01 Fees, Expiration Dates and Late Renewals: Changes the amount required for applicants for original licensure to contribute to the Auctioneer Education, Research and Recovery Fund. Also changes the fees required by the Commission for applications and examination.
The Board approved the following applications for licensure:
- Bargain Depot & Auction Co, Auctioneer Company, Douglas
- Antique Ventures LLC, Auctioneer Company, Hoschton
- Adris E Ludlum, Jr., Auctioneer-Non Resident, Dothan, AL
- Christopher Robert Kane, Auctioneer-Non Resident, Spanish Fort, AL
- Brent A. Earlywine, Reinstatement of Auctioneer-Non Resident, KoKomo, IN
- Darron Jeffrey Meares, Auctioneer-Non Resident, Pelzer, SC
The Board ratified the following cease and desist orders for unlicensed practice:
- Zenith Auction & Realty, Lakeland
- US 1 Flea Market, Harry Streat, Waycross
The Board elected the following new officers:
- Mark Manley, Pavo: Chairperson
- Charles F. Gay, Rome: Vice Chairman
The Georgia Auctioneers Commission will hold its next meeting Monday, June 7, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.