|For Immediate Release
February 17, 2009
FFI Contact: Matt Carrothers
Professionals with licensing inquiries should contact
Director of Media Relations
the Professional Licensing Boards at 478-207-2440
Actions Taken by the Georgia Auctioneer Commission at its February 16 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Auctioneer Commission met on Monday, February 16, 2009.
The Commission approved the following applications for licensure:
- Athens Auto Company, Bogart: Resident Company License
- Abraham Asher, Cape Coral, FL: Non-Resident Auctioneer Reinstatement
- Willie Johnson Auctioneers Associates, Greensboro, NC: Non-Resident Company License
- Jerry Emerson King, Fletcher, NC: Non-Resident Auctioneer Reinstatement
- Thomas Pallister, Marietta: Resident Auctioneer License
- Rich Penn Auctions, Waterloo, IA: Non-Resident Company License
- Mike Kelly Realty, Blairsville: Resident Auction Company License
- The Atlanta Auction Gallery, Atlanta: Resident Auction Company License
- Supermarket Equipment Resale, Rutledge: Resident Auction Company License Reinstatement
- Scott Oglesby, Lake Wales, FL: Non-Resident Auctioneer
- Keith Drinkwater, Eatonton: Resident Auctioneer Reinstatement
The Commission voted unanimously to suspend licensing examinations, effective July 1, 2009, for one year subject to amendment of O.C.G.A § 43-6-11(b) in reference to the exam, by changing “shall” to “may” be required to pass an examination in a form prescribed by the commission; and to require Auctioneer Schools to furnish the Commission with pass/fail rates of the auctioneer exams they administer.
The Georgia Auctioneer Commission will hold its next meeting on Monday, April 20, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards in Macon.