Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Architects and Interior Designers at its April 17 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Architects and Interior Designers met Friday, April 17, 2009.
The Board voted to post the following rule changes:
- Rule 50-9-.05 Reinstatement Amended
- Six (6) hours of continuing professional education from approved programs described in Rule 50-11-.04 for each year or fraction thereof since the last renewal of the applicant’s registration, up to a maximum of 24 continuing education hours. Of these, at least half of these hours must be in Public Protection Subjects acquired in Structured Education Activities. (50-9-.05(2)(b)(1))
- Rule 50-11-.01 Requirements Amended
- Beginning with applications for renewal of certificates of registration which expire on March 31, 2009, a registered interior designer must have completed twelve (12) hours of acceptable continuing education during the two-year period immediately preceding each biennial renewal date as a condition for registration renewal. Of these, at least six (6) half of these hours must be in Public Protection Subjects acquired in Structured Education Activities. The remaining units may be in Related Practice Subjects acquired in Structured Educational Activities or in Public Protection. Computerized courses are accepted from Approved Programs. Certificate subjects for public protection units must indicate the course qualification for health, safety, and welfare. (50-11-.01(1))
The Board voted to accept the voluntary cease and desist orders from the following unlicensed architectural practice:
- Matthew Anderson, Marietta, East Ellijay
- Robert L. Cannon, Rockmart
- Voranth Chanthavong, Loganville
- Steven Mayer, Lithonia
- Kyong Woon Park, Alpharetta
- Roy A. Spiker, Tifton
The Board voted to license 12 registered interior designers by examination; 12 registered architects by examination; and 45 registered architects by reciprocity. The Board also voted to reinstate eight registered interior designers and eight registered architects. Additionally, the Board approved 16 applicants to take the examination for licensure as a registered architect.
The Georgia State Board of Architects and Interior Designers will hold its next meeting Friday, June 12, 2009 at 9:30 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Boards Division office in Macon.