Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Nursing at its September 15-16 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Nursing met on Wednesday and Thursday, September 15-16, 2010.
The Board voted to post the following rule:
- Rule 410-12-.12 Recognition of National Certifying Organizations Advanced Practice Registered
The Board accepted recommendations and commendations from the following site visit reports:
- February 22-23, 2010 Armstrong Atlantic State University
- April 12-14, 2010 South Georgia College
- April 19-21, 2010 University of West Georgia
The Board voted to extend full approval to Middle Georgia College through December 31, 2014.
The Board voted to extend full approval to Southwest Georgia Technical College through December 31, 2012.
The Board voted to accept the following public consent orders:
- Albert Dwight Maddox, Atlanta: Two years probation for extensive disciplinary history with the Board and prior cocaine abuse.
- Bradford Scott Woodward, Augusta: Three years probation for violation of previous consent order by diverting narcotics.
- Lori Kathryn Clark Martin, Dalton: Four years probation for conviction related to theft by taking, failure to disclose arrest on renewal application and failure to renew license while under consent order for chemical dependence.
- Connie Spires Branch, Hazelhurst: Four years probation for conviction related to theft, stalking and harassing phone calls.
- Elliot David Schwartz, Moundville, AL: Probation to run concurrent with Alabama Board of Nursing consent order for patient abandonment, unprofessional conduct, and discrepancies accounting for Versed.
The Board accepted the following amended consent orders:
- Susan Jane Schmeiding, Atlanta: Four years probation for violation of previous consent order by failing to submit quarterly reports as ordered.
- Tamela J. Davis Fambrough, Stockbridge: Four years probation for violation of previous consent order by relapsing on benzodiazepines.
The Board accepted the following public consent orders for indefinite suspension of licensure:
- Nelie Patricia Nash Phillips, Jackson: Disciplined for failure to comply with order for an Outpatient Mental Physical Examination.
- Rudolph David Kohan, Stockbridge: Disciplined for prior consent orders with the Board, multiple events of diversion and failure to comply with an order for an Outpatient Mental Physical Examination.
The Board accepted the following voluntary surrender:
- Judith A. Pascoe, Thomaston
The Georgia Board of Nursing will hold its next meeting November 17-19, 2010 at the Professional Licensing Boards Division in Macon.