Actions Taken by the Georgia Board of Nursing at its November 13-14 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Nursing met on Wednesday and Thursday, January 13-14, 2010.
The Board moved that based upon compliance with Rules 410-4-.01 (a) through (3), developmental approval is granted to Atlanta Technical College for the development and implementation of its proposed Associate Degree Nursing Program.
The Board moved to grant developmental approval to Bauder College for the development and implementation of an associate degree program.
The Board moved that based upon compliance with Rules 410-4-.01 (4), (5) and (6) initial approval is granted to Gordon College for the enrollment of the first cohort of RN/BSN students in the summer 2010 semester.
The Board moved to grant approval to Emory University for the initiation of an accelerated BSN option for second degree students in the summer 2010 term.
The Board accepted the recommendations and commendations from the October 26, 2009 through October 28, 2009 North Georgia College & State University College RN/BSN Program Site Visit Report.
The Board accepted the recommendations and commendations from the October 26, 2009 through October 28, 2009 North Georgia College & State University College Associate Degree Nursing Program site visit report.
The Board accepted the following public consent orders:
- Linda Elaine Hickman, Moultrie: Fined $500 and one year probation extension for violation of previous order.
- Sharon Kay Chambless Mulkey, Waycross: Terminating May 21, 2013 and amended consent order for relapse on Stadol.
- Mary Frances M. Brown Nichols, Savannah: Fined $1000 and four years probation for relapsing and diverting drugs after prior consent orders.
The Board accepted the following public consent agreement for licensure by endorsement:
- Mary Jane Martin, Athens: Probation concurrent with criminal probation for conviction of prescription forgery.
The Board suspended the following licensee:
- Sharon Sue Palmer, Lizella: Diagnosed with Polysubstance Dependence and recommended for inpatient treatment for such condition.
The Board accepted voluntary surrenders from the following individuals:
- Sandra J. White, Dacula
- Linda Kay Roberts, Eatonton
- Angela Marie Connell Owens, McRae
The Georgia Board of Nursing will hold its next meeting March 17-19, 2010 at the Professional Licensing Boards Division in Macon.