Actions Taken By the Georgia Board of Nursing at its March 18 and 19 Meeting
Macon, Ga.—The Georgia Board of Nursing met on Wednesday, March 18 and Thursday, March 19, 2009.
The Board accepted the recommendations and commendations from the January 29, 2009 through January 30, 2009 Bainbridge College Site Visit Report.
The Board granted Initial Approval to Gwinnett Technical College for the enrollment of the first group of 40 students into the Associate’s Degree Nursing Program in the Fall 2009 quarter.
The Board acknowledged receipt of Report I submitted by Chattahoochee Technical College for its proposed Associate Degree Nursing Program. Chattahoochee Technical College must provide the Board with additional informational materials.
The Board acknowledged receipt of materials pertaining to the 20 and 22 month reports submitted by College of Coastal Georgia in support of its proposed baccalaureate degree nursing program. College of Coastal Georgia must provide the Board with additional informational materials.
The Board requested Darton College to submit a written assessment and plan of action no later than April 8, 2009 for review at the May 13-14, 2009 Board meeting. Darton College students had a passing percentage of 78.1 percent among first-time NCLEX-RN writers in 2008, but possess an overall four-year (2005-2008) average passing percentage of at least 80 percent.
The Board voted to accept the following Voluntary Surrenders:
- Patricia Thompson Fernandez, Saint Cloud, FL
- Susan Ellen Godshalk Alexander, Stockbridge
- Ginger Lee Rogers, Kennesaw
The Board voted to accept the following Public Consent Orders for probationary licensure:
- Martha Susan Catron, Covington
- Mary Heirs Crosby, Bonaire
- Jennifer Annette Dunlap, Atlanta
- David Paul Goodrich, Martinez
- Patti Rainey Jacobson, Mansfield
- Rebecca Irene Jarvis, Cairo
- Charles James Madurski, Athens
- Norma Leatrice Poindexter, Marietta
- Curtis Michael Reese, Atlanta
- Vickie Lynn Wettach, Savannah
- Yvonne Delores Willis, Columbus
The Board voted to suspend the following license:
- Susan Lisa Lewis, Jonesboro
The Georgia Board of Nursing will hold its next meeting Wednesday, May 13, Thursday, May 14, and Friday, May 15, 2009 beginning at 10:00 a.m. at the Professional Licensing Board in Macon.